"When there is no vision the people perish." (Proverbs 29 v18)
The Moxham family saw a need to support people with mental health difficulties and provide them with safe accommodation within a family environment. They met that need and we have continued to provide such support, helping each resident to take ownership of their lives and, wherever possible, move towards greater independence.
To do this effectively in an ever-changing world, we must continue to adapt and grow, and be open to change ourselves.
Our aim is to provide a place of excellence to:
1. Offer first-class rehabilitation and care
2. Offer 24-hour support to long-term residents as they get older
3. Develop Crossways' internet selling towards self-sufficiency
4. Develop our floating support so we can continue to help those who move on
5. Refine our programme of positive mental health awareness and offer this widely
6. Develop our volunteer/partner base
We aim to do this by:
1. Ensuring that we enploy dedicated, highly qualified and experienced staff to whom we offer competitive and innovative remuneration, regular opportunities for training and self-development and a fulfilling career.
2. Working in partnership with professionals, families and, of course, the residents themselves, to ensure that every resident's needs are fully met while at Crossways Community.
3. Engaging with our community to increase awareness of mental health issues and the challenges faced by vulnerable adults.
4. Helping our residents to achieve their full potential within an environment of equality, acceptance, reflection, dignity and respect.
Recognising potential, encouraging independence, achieving self worth
Crossways Provides Mental Health Training for Schools. If you know a primary or secondary school in West Kent which could benefit please email our CEO.
Press Coverage - January & February 2018
Join us on our social media pages!